Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to bring my own bedding?
No. All bedding and towels are supplied. We also have playpens, high chairs and booster seats for the kids. Our housekeepers change towels, take away your garbage and restock toiletries every third day of your stay. A mid-visit room cleaning (including linen change) is scheduled for those staying seven or more nights. We leave the dish-washing and bed making to you. (A gentle reminder: There will be an extra charge for towels and/or linens that are soiled beyond reuse after your visit.)
- Are the kitchens ready for use or do I need to bring my own dishes?
All suites have residential size ranges, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves and most have dishwashers. They are also equipped with 4-slice toasters and 12-cup drip coffee makers. Cutlery, dishes and glassware are supplied to maximum capacity of the suite. Pots and pans are provided and we also maintain a supply of larger stockpots, etc. We even provide dish detergent and 150 gram package of Voets Kaffee gourmet coffee (salt & pepper available at the front desk).
- Are pets welcome?
Yes, we are pet friendly. A $25.00 + tax pet charge/pet will be added to your reservation. Maximum two pets per Suite, excluding Suite 4 which allows only one dog. As one hotelier suggested, “If your pet can vouch for you, we’ll let you come along too”. We do ask that you accompany your pets and clean up after them, be with them in the Suites and Townhouses and be aware that pets are not allowed on the ski runs. Need doggie bags? Ask at the reception desk.
- Can we buy groceries at the Resort?
You have three grocery choices:
* Do your shopping prior to leaving Vernon.
* Visit The Lord Aberdeen Market which is a deli/liquor/convenience store located in the heart of Silver Star Village.
* You can pre-order groceries through The Butcher Boys grocery store website www.butcherboys.ca/orders/.
- Do you have Internet access and Cable TV?
Yes, the hotel has complimentary wireless modems in every Suite and Townhouse. Also, we have Shaw Cable TV.
- Are there spa services at the resort?
Yes, there are two options. You can go to the Ouisa Day Spa at the National Altitude Training Centre, or contact the reception desk for information on other resort area practitioners, that can come direct to your suite.
- How do I find the latest snow conditions and more information about Silver Star Mountain Resort?
You can check Silver Star’s daily Snow Report.
- How do I get to The Pinnacles Suite Hotel at Silver Star Mountain Resort?
Silver Star Mountain Resort is 22 km (14 miles) from Vernon in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in south-central British Columbia:
* In Vernon, turn east from Highway 97 onto 48th Avenue, which becomes Silver Star Road as you leave the community.
* Silver Star Road winds through rural countryside as it climbs to Silver Star Mountain.
* As you enter the Resort, you will pass under two skier overpasses.
* Pinnacles Road is the first left after the second overpass.
* Drive ½ km up the hill until you reach a fork in the road - take the middle road which is the driveway to the Pinnacles. There is "Welcome Guest Reception" sign near the front door entry off the upper parking area.
- Where can I purchase ski tickets?
Information on purchasing day tickets or discounted multi-day tickets is just a click away: Tickets/Silver Star Mountain Resort.